Healthy Campus Committee / Healthy Sleep
Helpful Links for Healthy Sleep
- National Sleep Foundation (NSF) - comprehensive resource for sleep-related information
- "Asleep at the Wheel" - AAA report on the impact of driving while drowsy
- HelpGuide.org - a non-profit resource covering sleep disorders and problems
- Healthy Sleep - Harvard Medical School Sleep Resource
- Sleep and Teens Report - National Sleep Foundation Research Report
- Your Guide to Healthy Sleep - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health
Poor sleep habits (referred to as “sleep hygiene”) are among the most common problems encountered in our society. We stay up too late and get up too early. We interrupt our sleep with drugs, chemicals and work, and we overstimulate ourselves with late-night activities such as television.
Here are some essentials of good sleep habits. Many of these points will seem like common sense. But it is surprising how many of these important points are ignored by many of us.